What do you get when you mix comfort food and your favorite sandwich? Cheeseburger Pie!
- 1 package prepared double pie crusts or homemade double crust
- 1-1.5.5 lbs. ground beef
- 6 oz. package cheddar or American cheese slices about 8 slices
- 1/2 onion finely diced about 2/3 – 3/4 cup
- 2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- dill pickle slices
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- In a large skillet, cook the onion with the ground beef until no pink is seen.
- Drain the grease off.
- Put the meat back in the skillet and add 2 Tbs. worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup mayo and 1/4 cup ketchup. Mix until all is combined.
- Meanwhile in a 9″ pie pan, place the bottom crust. (if you have a deep dish pan, that works well for this recipe!)
- Take 1/2 the ground beef mixture and place as the first layer on the crust.
- Squirt ketchup and mustard over.
- Lay 4 slices of cheese on top.
- Place top crust over.
- Pinch the edges of the pie crust to seal it together.
- Add a few slits on top and brush milk over if desired.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30-40 minutes, until the crust is nice and golden.
- Let sit about 10 minutes before slicing.