Who doesn’t love Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls around the holidays? All you need are four easy-to-find ingredients and a decent sweet tooth – we know you’ve got it all. It’s never not the time to throw together this quick and easy dessert that’s perfect for entertaining or even just for yourself!
How do I store chocolate peanut butter balls?
You can store them in an airtight container on the counter or in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Can I freeze chocolate peanut butter balls?
Yes, you can freeze them for up to 3 months, though discoloration/speckling may occur. Defrost in the refrigerator before serving.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls AKA Buckeyes
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp salted butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Mix the peanut butter and softened butter together in a mixing bowl. Gradually stir in powdered sugar until fully combined. Cover and place in the fridge for about 15 minutes to firm up.
- Using your hands, shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Place the balls on a baking sheet, cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes (this will hold it’s shape for dipping).
- Melt the chocolate chips according to package instructions.
- Using a fork, dip the peanut butter balls one at a time into the melted chocolate. Allow the excess chocolate to fall off. Place the chocolate balls onto wax paper, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.