I’m telling you that this Crockpot Creamy Sausage Potato Soup is going to be your new favorite cheesy potato soup! I know how much every loved our Bacon Cheeseburger Soup, this one is going to steal the spot or at least be the runner-up. So grab yourself a bag of potatoes, your crockpot is calling your name.
Crockpot Creamy Sausage Potato Soup
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage hot or mild
- 1 yellow onion diced
- ½ cup diced carrots
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ¼ lbs. red potatoes about 6 small potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese optional
- Cook and crumble the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat on the stove top. Add the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic halfway through cooking. Once the sausage is cooked through and the vegetables are softened, drain grease well and transfer it to the Crock Pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the Crock Pot except the heavy cream and cheddar cheese.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4.
- Reduce heat to warm and slowly stir in the heavy cream until combined. Turn heat off.
- If desired, sprinkle in the cheese and stir until combined, then serve.