You can make homemade microwave caramels made in less than 10 minutes with only 5 ingredients! No candy thermometer needed. These will be the easiest candy you will make this holidays!
Making homemade caramels is actually really easy, especially when you can make them right in the microwave oven. Soft caramels make sweet little treats perfect for gift giving during the holidays, or even to use in other recipes anytime.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light karo corn syrup
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a 9×13 inch dish, generously butter a 9×13 inch pan and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl (make sure it is microwave safe!) melt the butter. Once the butter is melted add brown sugar, karo syrup, and sweetened condensed milk and mix well. Microwave on full power for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir. Continue microwaving for 4-5 minutes. Stir again and add the vanilla.
- Pour the caramel into the 9×13 inch buttered pan. Let them completely cool for 1-2 hours. Cut the caramel with a knife and wrap in wax paper. Keep refrigerated.